Sunday, June 7, 2015

Pitch Perfect 2

Last weekend, my mother and I spontaneously decided to see Pitch Perfect 2. Pitch Perfect is one of my favorite movies and the sequel is one of my most anticipated movies of 2015. Pitch Perfect was one of the biggest movies of 2012, earning over 100 million. Pitch Perfect follows Beca (played by Anna Kendrick), a freshman at Barden University who gets involved with the university's all-girl acapella group. With hilarious co-stars like Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson) and Lilly (Hana Mae Lee), both movies make you laugh out loud.

I had very high expectations for this movie, and it did not disappoint. I loved the conflicts the girls had to overcome, especially the comedy woven into it. The incredible music, new characters, and awesome setting made it even more enjoyable. Plus, Flula was in it!!

If I had to chose, my favorite songs would be the Bellas' Worlds mash-up and the Riff Off. Fat Amy's song was also amazing:P I also loved the end-credit song, "Crazy Youngsters" by Ester Dean.

However, it didn't blow me away. It wasn't worse than the original, but it wasn't the best sequel I have ever seen. Don't get me wrong, I loved it; it will definitely be on my favorites shelf. I think the reason why is all the great, hilarious lines were included in all the trailers and clips. I was still laughing in the theater, but I had already memorized the lines already.

Overall, I give Pitch Perfect 2...

4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment